Tuesday, September 15, 2009

MTSC39

Wow. Two cards in two days. I'd like to think I can keep this up, but I don't think so. :( I don't know about you, but one thing I love to do is check out the new challenges on the days they are debuted. It's so fun to see what's in store and to see if I can get my creative juices flowing. Sadly, that is not the case here as I don't like this card so much. Let me say that I LOVE the Christmas Cocoa paper. The colors are fabulous, the flocked paper is totally awesome, but I just couldn't come up with something equally fabulous for this card. I love doing Mercy's sketch challenges, so I'm disappointed that this card came out rather bland and boring. I do like the square rhinestones and the ribbon. And I dug out some old SU red embossing powder, which is kind of cool. (Remember when they had a bunch of colored EP? That was a long time ago). Anyhoo, thanks for looking. The recipe:

Stamps: Delightful Decorations
Paper: Very Vanilla, Soft Suede, Real Red, Christmas Cocoa
Ink: Versamark
Accessories: Red EP, SU Ribbon, Rhinestone Brads

3 comments:

Unknown said...

i love the clean and simple look of it, jen! what a beauty! you know me...i am an embossing fool, so i can appreciate the embossing you've done, too! :)

thanks for playing along with my sketch for this week, and i hope to see you again next week!

{{{hugs}}}
mercy

June Houck said...

Jen, this is stunning! I love the clean lines...very elegant.

sylvia said...

Love the Christmas card! Nice and simple with lots of detail.