Sunday, June 20, 2010

FTL95 Celebration

I'm not entirely sure that this qualifies for the Color Throwdown challenge this week.  The colors are supposed to be certainly celery, not quite navy, ande cameo coral.  I did manage to get those colors in this card, but I also added whisper white and baja breeze.  I'm pretty sure that whisper white is ok because it is a neutral, but I think I disqualified myself by using the baja breeze.  I'm going to blame my rogue behavior on my thumb.

Yesterday morning, I developed a terrible pain in my thumb.  It began on the pad and reminded me a lot of how your finger feels when you've jabbed it with a needle.  By nighttime, my thumb was swollen, red and hurt like the dickens.  I have no idea what is wrong with it, but I do know that I can barely touch anything with it.  Which is why the only stamp on this card is a little smudgy:  I can't really grip the stamp with my fingers!  I'm going to go to the doctor on Monday so that I can get back to normal.  Opposable thumbs really are a useful evolutionary trick (especially if you are a stamper)!  Anyway, I did (I believe correctly) use the clean and simple FTL95 layout.

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have time to stamp today!

3 comments:

AJ said...

This is stunning! Thanks for sharing. xx

Wanda Cullen said...

Jen, this is a beautiful CAS card and fantastic use of the throwdown colors! The baja is such a small bit of color and it actually really makes the not quite navy pop even more!

Broni said...

Jen, you don't have to use ONLY the CTD colors. Your card is fine and very pretty too! Sorry about your thumb! Hope it's not a spider bite or something like that! Thanks so much for playing along with us at the Color Throwdown!