Monday, July 5, 2010

SSSC76 Awash With Flowers

Today is Day 2 our our heat wave.  I think it was about 95-degrees today and  I went outside early to water my poor, beleaguered flowers.  And boy, did they need it.  Everything was so droopy and desperate for a drink.  I don't know what I'm going to do when I go to back work tomorrow.  They will be so neglected during the hot day!  Hopefully when I get home and have a chance to water them, they will be okay.  This heat is supposed to continue all week, so I hope they'll survive!

On to today's card:  I started out wanting to combine challenges.  I followed the Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge and I wanted to use the colors from the Color Throwdown challenge, but I opted for white instead of cream {drat}!  I really wanted to use this polka-dot paper from the Island Oasis dp, and the dots are white, so I had to give in!  Better luck next week when the Color Throwdown celebrates 100 throwdown challenges.  I think they've got a big celebration planned so be sure to check it out.

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have a chance to stamp today!

3 comments:

kasia c. said...

What a bright beautiful cheery card! I LOVE it!

Michele Gross said...

Ca-ute! I love the colors!

Shannon Willis said...

Beautiful take on the sketch. I love the bright colors.

Be Blessed,

Shannon
www.shannonscropstop.blogspot.com