Sunday, November 14, 2010

Another Autumn Card

I really thought that I had made the transition from autumn to Christmas, but apparently I have not!  How could I when I saw the colors at the Curtain Call color challenge this week?  I fully intend to start concentrating on Christmas things from now on, but I couldn't resist squeaking in another autumn colored card.  I paired the color challenge with the sketch challenge over at the Sweetest Thing blog.  Here are the two together:

For my card I went for my French Foliage stamp set (surprise, surprise).  I also used the rock and roll technique on the leaves.  I think I'm getting the hang of it.  And since I hadn't done any sewing in while, I stitched the edges of the So Saffron and Peach Parfait panels.


Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have time to stamp today!

8 comments:

Maureen said...

this is just gorgeous!!! Love those leaf prints and the way you used the colours :)

Stacey Schafer said...

totally gorgeous! love the stitching, collage stamping and those hand-cut beauties:) thanks for playing the Curtain Call!

Silke Ledlow said...

I agree...totally gorgeous!!! I adore this new SU Set too..I might have to snatch it up before it goes away :)!!! Thank you for joining us again this week!!! Hugs ~S~

Vicky Hayes said...

I adore this set and the colours! The background you've made is very effective with the leaves.

Monika/Buzsy said...

Fabulous fall card Jen. Love those leaves... nice use of the colors. Thanks for playing along with us at Curtain Call.

Christina said...

Fabulous stamping, Jen! I love the added stitching, too! You rocked these colors with your fall card. Thanks for joining us at the Curtain Call!

Jen Timko said...

This is a stunning take on both challenges! Love this card!

Unknown said...

This is super fabulous!! I love the beautiful fall leaves and how you placed them! Thank you for sharing.