Saturday, November 20, 2010

Gift Card Holder for Nine Four*

I'm not sure if I'm late to the party, but I have just discovered that an iTunes gift card is no longer the size of a "normal" gift card.  I bought one today at Walmart and instead of it being the customary 2 1/8" x 3 3/8" it was a whopping 3 3/8" x 5 1/4".  So all of my usual gift card holder templates are suddenly rendered irrelevant.

So off to the drawing board I go.  I wanted to use the sketch from Stamping 411, which was a nice, clean, and simple one.  Using that layaout, I created a holder that is 6 1/4" x 4 3/8".  It sort of looks like an envelope and is actually a little bigger than it needs to be, but I'm pretty happy with the result.  The gift card fits very comfortably inside.

For my gift card holder, I went into the vault and used some of my Holiday Lounge designer paper with some Taken With Teal cardstock (which I saved so that I could use it with the dp).

Since I used ribbon on this, it also qualifies for the Pals Paper Arts challenge. 
Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have time to stamp today!

*My nephew is Nine Four.

9 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

I love the retro look of this!

Lesley said...

This is great! Love that DSP, so happy you opened the "vault".
Smiles,
Lesley

Anonymous said...

this looks sooooo perty Jeanette I love the colors you used yummmmmmmy

Hi, I'm Lee Conrey! said...

Just adorable!!!

Unknown said...

WOW!!! This is awesome!!! I love this DSP and how you stapled your ribbon!!

Kerin said...

I love the way you used the sketch for your gift card holder, and it's awesome!! What are they thinking just making gift cards any size they want?!!? lol...

Selene Kempton said...

This is absolutely stunning! I love your rich color palette! Thanks so much for playing along!

Cards by Gina said...

Love the colors you chose for your card! Thanks so much for playing at PPA this week!

gbarron56 said...

Jenn -- this is just beautiful! Thanks so much for sharing and playing along at stamping 411! Blessings, Gretchen