Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Color Throwdown 127 Birthday

I may have mentioned a time or two that I love earthy colors, Crumb Cake in particular.  So when I saw the Color Throwdown challenge this week with both Crumb Cake and Early Espresso, I was powerless to resist!

A few weeks ago, I made a very cool card (to my mind anyway) using the MOJO171 sketch challenge.  I really liked the layout and I thought about that layout when I contemplated this color challenge.


I did take a bit of poetic license when it came to the "happy birthday" sentiment.  My oval panel wasn't in the sketch, but I thought the card looked a little naked without it!

I can hardly believe it, but my supply of birthday cards was actually getting dangerously low so I figured I  better start making some of those.  I think this is a pretty cute one to add to my stash!

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have time to stamp today!

3 comments:

Vicky Hayes said...

Great layout Jen! Your card is beautifully finished and the sentiment looks great. How's the snow going?

Laura Pryor said...

Totally love your layout!! Really fun design. Thanks for sharing this with us at the Color Throwdown!

dpkennedy said...

Very sweet little card! The oval sentiment is perfect! Thanks for playing the Color Throwdown!