Wednesday, March 23, 2011

ColourQ 77

Yesterday, I saw the ColourQ challenge and figured I better give this a shot.  At first glance I loved the colors but they seemed a little disparate and I had no idea how I was going to combine them, but once I had a chance to think about them I realized that they complemented each other in a very unusual way.

Isn't this graphic something else?  Fabulous jewel tones and subtle tones together make one fabulous challenge!

My supply of Kiwi Kiss is reaching critical stage, but I couldn't resist using it for this challenge.  I love how it looks paired with Concord Crush.  I wasn't sure how I would like the Bermuda Bay and the Bashful Blue with those colors, but I think they look really good!!  Sometimes it's good to try things out of your comfort zone.  You never know what you will accomplish!  For my layout I used a modified version of the Viva la Verve sketch for March Week 4.

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have time to stamp today!

6 comments:

Sylvia said...

Beautiful card, Jen! What a nice layout, and use of the colors! Thanks for playing with us at the colourQ.

TrishG said...

Beautiful! Very striking. Love the layers. Great card!

LeAnne said...

LOVE this...your attention to detail as made this a wonderful creation! Thanks for playing with the CQC this week!

Vicky Hayes said...

Who knew these colours would look so good together?!

Unknown said...

As always, BEAUTIFUL card, Jen! I Love the layers too and how you combined the colors;)

Rochelle said...

Oh Jen I love this! So crisp and clean! You used these colors perfectly this week! Thanks for playing at the colourQ!