Saturday, March 26, 2011

Stamping 411 Sketch Challenge 196 and Color Throwdown 134

I've got three weddings to go to this summer so this morning I got up bright-eyed and bushy-tailed to head on over to a local shopping mall to see if I could get some dresses to wear.  Anyone who knows me knows that "morning" and "bright-eyed and bushy tailed" do NOT go together.  But I did it and my efforts were rewarded because I managed to get something to wear to each wedding.

So, it was early afternoon before I wandered into my stamp room and contemplated the Stamping 411 sketch challenge and the Color Throwdown color challenge.

My retired Island Oasis designer paper was calling to me to stop neglecting it, so I gathered it up with its companion stamp set, Tropical Party, and got to work.


After I was all done and had taken the photo I realized that I forgot the sentiment!  I hate when that happens!  Oh well.  It will have to stay that way for now and maybe I'll add one later.

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have time to stamp today!

9 comments:

Hi, I'm Lee Conrey! said...

I just love what you've done with this set and dsp. I hope this set make it to the catalog. Thanks for playing along.

Keva said...

Oh wow. This is so cute! I adore the images and paper. Thanks so much for joining us at Color Throwdown!!

Jen M said...

SO pretty! I love the DP and that big blue button!

Vicky Hayes said...

Like the way you left a white space instead of adding a length of ribbon and what fabulous bright colours! I can't believe you didn't show us pics of your wedding outfits Jen!

Selene Kempton said...

I'm so jealous that you still have this DSP. I've used every last shred of mine! :D Gorgeous job with this week's sketch! Thanks for playing along!

Kerin said...

Gorgeous as always Jen! I wish we had some tropical weather to go along with this card ;)

Allison said...

This is so cute! I would never have even tried that colour combo but you made it look great!

Unknown said...

This is just awesome!! I love how you used the sketch!! Great job!!

Connie Babbert said...

I miss that set and DSP so much! Great job with the sketch...awesome card!