Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Color Throwdown 136

The colors for the Color Throwdown challenge this week are very soft.  And the more I looked at them, the more I liked them.

And it was nice to use Soft Sky again.  I even found some old designer paper called Afternoon Tea that had a pretty pattern in Soft Sky.

I started out trying to follow the sketch challenge at Splitcoast, but almost right away I veered off course and did something different.  I happened to find a card on my desk that I had made a while back that had a scallop border I made from circles like this.  I thought it looked pretty good, so I decided to try that again.  It's fun and gives the card a sort of light an airy look.

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have time to stamp today!

7 comments:

Vicky Hayes said...

The orange contrasts beautifully with the Soft Sky and I love the way you did the scallops. Is that the Fine Flourish background stamp I spot, adding interest to the butterfly? Looks great!

Kim O'Connell said...

That scalloped edge is so pretty and the subtle detail on that butterfly just adds to its beauty!

Laura Pryor said...

Hi Jen! This is stunning!! I love the clean and simple design and the elements of color. Really, really amazing! Thanks for playing along at the Color Throwdown!!

Jennifer said...

This is so beautiful it stands out is right!!! CAS too! I love it!

Shannon White said...

Wow, this is so pretty! Love the CAS style. Beautiful scalloped edge too! 8-)

Sara said...

So beautifully done! You used just the perfect amount of each color to give this card great balance. Great layout and all-around perfect!

Janine said...

Love the elegant simplicity of this card.