Saturday, September 3, 2011

FTL156

Monday is my nephew's birthday and as I perused my stash of cards, it was no surprise that I didn't have anything that was not "girly."  So, off to the drawing board I go.  For masculine cards I always think that the simpler they are the better they are, so I chose the latest FTL sketch challenge as my layout.

Then I chose to use Not Quite Navy, Old Olive and Riding Hood Red for my colors (which were actually the colors from the Color Throwdown challenge #82).

I've been on a roll lately making these circles.  Today I mixed it up a bit by adding a quarter-inch circle in the middle.  A little stitching around the edges and voila!  It's not too fussy and a great card for a young man's birthday.

As luck would have it, I was just about to click "publish post" when I looked at the sketch and realized that I put the sentiment in the wrong place.  I hate when that happens.  Hopefully the folks over at Clean and Simple Stamping will be forgiving!

Thanks for stopping by today!

2 comments:

Kristin K. said...

So cute. I really like the circles down the side.

Allison said...

This is super cute! Love those circles!