Monday, October 17, 2011

Paper Players 68

This week the challenge at The Paper Players is to make a clean and simple Christmas card using the colors red and green.


I think I can do that.  I've been trying to make Christmas cards lately in the hopes that I'll stumble upon the one design that I think I can easily replicate for this Christmas card season.  It has not happened yet, but I'll keep plugging along!  As is my usual, I like to combine a couple of challenges, so I chose one of the October Viva La Verve challenges for my sketch.

I love square cards, and I love circles on cards because it gives me an excuse to use my scallop nesties, so I jumped on this sketch challenge right away!


The designer paper I used comes from the retired Merry Moments set which gave me a chance to use Garden Green, a color I like but don't use very often.  The stamped swirl is from Snow Buddies and the sentiment is from Christmas Greeting.  I cut a couple of the snowflakes from the Northern Frost decorative strip die and finished them off with a glimmer brad.  Oh, I almost forgot that I used a bit of the velvet ribbon from the holiday mini.

Lately I've had to find some creative ways to get to do some stamping.  A couple of months ago, I adopted a couple of kittens from a local shelter and I have found that they like to be wherever I am.  For one thing, they like to climb up my legs when I'm standing at the kitchen counter trying to make dinner.  And when it comes time to get some stamping done, they see this as an opportunity to take a nap on my laptop, or right in the middle of the work area on my desk, or on my lap!  They're really quite adorable and I've put a cuddly pet bed in my stamp room, so that they can nap there when I'm working, but that doesn't always work and sometimes I have to just give up for the night!



This is a picture I took of them watching Top Gear shortly after they adopted me(!)  They're a bit bigger now, but just as adorable!

13 comments:

Marisa said...

I can't stop using this sketch - made 3 cards with it LOL! Loe the candy cane striped paper and the snowflake flourish. darling card.

The kittens are beyond cute!! I love tabbies (we have one) and yes, cats want to be where you are and make sure they have attention and not what you are working on. Beware of cat hair on your computer screen an din your keyboard LOL!

Jen Timko said...

What an amazing card! Love that snowflake! Your little kitties are so adorable. What fun (even if a piece of ribbon goes astray every now and then!)!! So great that they come in to "help"!

Lesley said...

Love this card Jen and the kittens! SO cute! I need to try this sketch...looks like a fun one! Thanks for joining us at the Paper Players.

Cindy Hall said...

Another stunning card by Jen! That is a really great sketch, too. All I can say about the adorable kitties is "awwwwwwwwww". :) Thanks for sharing with us at The Paper Players.

samantha's cards said...

very nice, beautiful take on the sketch

LeAnne said...

Wow, this is beautiful! I wondered where that pretty swirl was from! And the kitties are CUTE!!!!!!! Thanks for sharing them AND the card with us this week!

Tara Bilbao said...

This is such a beautiful card. The focal image just pops off that stripped paper. I love the red and white snowflake embellishment. Very crisp!

The cute little kitties make me laugh since I have one right next to my keyboard as I type, that continually thinks she must sit on it. You'll have to see her picture on the side of my blog. The kitties always need to be in the mix.

Great job on the challenge. Thank you for playing along with The Paper Players this week!

Nance Leedy said...

This is fabulous Jen! Love the classic combo of real red and garden green. The glimmer snowflake is fabulous and I love the green swirl! Fantastic take on the sketch and our CAS challenge! So happy you played along with us at The Paper Players!

Those kitties are totally stinkin' CUTE!!

Ann Schach said...

First of all, such cute, cute kittens! They are adorable!!! Your card is clean and simple perfection! I LOVE this layout! Thanks for playing with The Paper Players this week!

Julie Marshall said...

Great card! This is the perfect CAS sketch. I love what you did with it. The glimmer brad, the swirl and the snowflakes are the perfect additions. Thanks so much for playing along with the Paper Players this week!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Ok, before I get to your card...I have to show some love to the kitties! Eeek! Are they ever cute, Jen! But they sound like double trouble! Lol!

Your card is CAS-tastic! I love the layered snowflake and the slanted sentiment. Very pretty!! Thanks so much for joining us at the Paper Players this week! :)

Sue said...

wonderfull Christmas card and the kittens sooooooooo cute Luv Sue x

Margaret Moody said...

I don't get to stop by very often to tell you, but I love your work, Jen! I also couldn't help but notice the pic of the kittens! They're adorable! So glad you adopted two! They'll keep each other company. I'm sure they've grown a lot since the picture was made, so you'll have to post an updated photo soon!