Saturday, March 17, 2012

Color Throwdown 183 and Deconstructed Sketch 43

I've missed my stamp room!  I've had an unusually busy week and I haven't set foot in there since Sunday! Yikes.  Fearing that my mojo would go on permanent hiatus, I got to work as soon as I could today on a card for the Color Throwdown and Deconstructed Sketch challenges.



I have a couple of confessions regarding the colors on my card.  The first is that I used Pear Pizzazz instead of Certainly Celery.  I didn't have any Certainly Celery DSP and I wanted the small tilted layer to be made from pretty paper so I chose the next best thing. Not to mention that Pear Pizzazz is "retiring" in a few short months and I'd like to use up as much of my supplies as possible (including that big button). The second confession is that I don't have any Really Rust so I substituted Cajun Craze.

So now that I've come clean, I'll say that the DSP comes from the Greenhouse Gala and Welcome Neighbor paper packs.  The layered flower is one of my faves from the Array of Sunshine stamp set.  I added a rhinestone brad in the center.  And that delightful big button is from the Spice Cake designer buttons.

I've got lots of catching up to do in my stamp room, so I'm off to get busy.  Thanks for stopping by!


9 comments:

Marisa said...

Wonderful use of the sketch. Love the big button!

Kelly Griglione said...

Oooh, love your colors ... they're more sassy : ) That button is pretty neat too. Nice card!

Arielle H Gordon said...

Gorgeous! Love the images and that giant button!!! Thanks so much for playing at Deconstructed this week!

Vicky Hayes said...

This is the perfect thing to do with that big button Jen! A lovely card.

Kim P said...

Jen, I have been so busy that my blog hopping has been limited. SO GLAD I stopped by to see this beauty!! WOW! I just love the way you incorporated pattern and color.

Then again...I always love your cards! ;-)

Lisa Elton said...

So pretty Jen! Love those leaves and your big ol' chunky button!

Wanda Cullen said...

I LOVE your card and the subbed colors work beautifully! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Color Throwdown!

Laurie said...

This is gorgeous! I love love that big button and those flowers!

Jen Shults said...

Jen this is gorgeous. i love that bold flower and the fantastic colors with that kraft paper. amazing creation! thanks so much for joining us for this week's sketch!