Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Freshly Made Sketches 28

The other day while I was looking through my stamp sets, I came across Pocket Silhouettes and realized that it been ages since I used that set.  So when this week's Freshly Made Sketch came around I decided to use it for my card.



I dug into my stash and used some Kiwi Kiss cardstock and a bit of DSP from Walk in the Park.   First I had stamped the image in Kiwi Kiss and thought the overall colors were a little blah so I stamped over that with some Baja Breeze.  Then I added the fabulous Basic Gray corduroy buttons.  I stamped a "thank you" sentiment from Thank You Kindly but now that I've had some time to think about it I wish I had used a birthday sentiment instead because these colors and Lesley's fabulous sketch are perfect for a man-card and I don't have nearly enough of those!

The Freshly Made Sketches design team has made some fabulous cards this week so make sure you stop on by and check them out.  I know you will be inspired to join us with your own creation!




15 comments:

Jen Timko said...

Gorgeous...again! I love this paper and the colors. Not sure I have any left but I have some of those buttons. I feel a CASE coming on. Perfect for a man-card indeed!

Linda Callahan said...

This is so classy - beautifully done! Love the addition of the Baja breeze and corduroy buttons rock!

Rita W said...

Stunning as always! :) I love the colors!

Vicky Hayes said...

You've made me want to get mine out Jen! I love the way you've chosen a paper that echoes the shape of the grasses.

Erna Logtenberg said...

lovely card Jen!

jjcreations said...

Great card, Jen. I love the grasses you've created. The DSP pulls it together too.

Allison said...

Gorgeous! I may have to CASE this because I still have lots of that dsp and those corduroy buttons!

Narelle Farrugia said...

GORGEOUS - I love how you can make such a beautiful card without many layers (I struggle with this). Your use pocket silhouettes is genius - I might have to find mine.

Tui Nathan said...

Oh, this is just stunning Jen ... a very classic and very stylish masculine creation ... love that good ol Kiwi Kiss and fab corduroy buttons ...

Denise Willerton said...

oh I do love what you created with this stamp set ~ I also own this and it hasn't ever been inked, thanks so much for the inspiration, enjoy your day Jen :-)

Denise Willerton said...

oh I do love what you created with this stamp set ~ I also own this and it hasn't ever been inked, thanks so much for the inspiration, enjoy your day Jen :-)

Notes by Nina said...

Beautiful card, I love this stamp set.

Cindy Hall said...

Love the colors and design! Before I read your commentary, I thought, wow, this would be wonderful for a birthday Man-Card, too! Great minds think alike. :)

Chanray said...

I love what you did with the sketch. And green is my favourite colour so.... I love your card, it's gorgeous!

Lesley said...

Love the colour combo Jen...so pretty! That is a set I never bought but always loved. Looks great with the sketch!