Friday, May 11, 2012

MOJO 240 and Color Throwdown 191

The colors this week at Color Throwdown are so gorgeous I thought it would be easy peasy to put a card together.  Not so, I was soon to discover.  I picked the MOJO 240 sketch as my layout because it had lots of layers and I figured that was a good thing when working with such a diverse bunch of colors.



It took me quite a while to figure out how I wanted to use these colors, and to be honest I'm not entirely sure I like the result.  But after putting so much time and thought into a card, it seems ridiculous to hide it away, so I've gone ahead and posted it anyway.

On my Elegant Eggplant card base I added some Pool Party cardstock and designer paper.  Then I added a Certainly Celery circle with some Wintergreen DSP.  (This is actually a winter-themed paper  pack, but it's the only Certainly Celery DSP I own!  And yes, I'm pretty sure those are snowflakes)!!  I used a little poetic license with my pointy banner because although the base is Elegant Eggplant the DSP I used to layer over it is a bit of Concord Crush from Lap of Luxury.  The two colors actually look pretty good together!

Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

Vicky Hayes said...

I LOVE these colours Jen and you did a great job with them. I love the banner which I thought was embossed until I read your write up!

Anonymous said...

You did a fabulous job putting these colours together. The card is gorgeous...as are all your creations. You have a great sense of style, and I thoroughly enjoy visiting your blog. There's tons of inspiration here. --Doris

kasia c. said...

I love how you worked these colours Jen. Beautiful. :)

Sue said...

Wow stunning youve really made those colours work Luv Sue x