Saturday, July 28, 2012

Color Throwdown 202

I've been eyeing the latest color challenge at Color Throwdown since it first went up on Wednesday.  Unfortunately, my mojo decided it needed a break and I spent the next two days sitting at my stamping desk wondering what in the world I was doing there!  Finally Friday night, inspiration struck!



I wish I'd done a few things differently with this card but I put it together at the same time I was watching the opening ceremony at the Olympics.  Honestly, it took me HOURS to make this simple card because the television was just too distracting!  But I was determined to get this done, so I persevered.  

There's not a lot to say about this.  The polka dotted DSP is Pool Party.  The Pool Party crimped and sponged butterfly was cut from the Beautiful Butterflies Bigz die and the smaller butterfly from Papillon Potpourri was stamped in Rich Razzleberry.  I added some Basic Rhinestones to the smaller butterfly because it needed a little bling!

Later today I'm off to a family reunion.  Our reunions started with my father's siblings and first cousins in 1975 (and of course, their extended families).  We continued the tradition until about three years ago when interest in attending seemed to be fizzling out.  Today's event is sort of a last hurrah.  We're all expecting a nice turnout for what could be the last time we all get together for a long while.  It will be bittersweet, I suspect.

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

Gorgeous! Love the different patterns & textures

Joan Ervin said...

You have used the colors beautifully, Jen...the butterfly in the center of the layered circles is sooo pretty!!!! Thanks for joining us for the Color Throwdown Challenge!!!!

Broni said...

Yay! More butterflies!! Jen, this is beautiful! I love the crimped butterfly!! Thanks for playing along in the Color Throwdown this week!