Sunday, November 25, 2012

Christmas Has Gone to the Dogs!

So the challenge this week at The Friday Mashup was to use a stamp that has nothing to do with the holidays and make a holiday card with it.  Heidi encouraged us to get a cup of coffee and think about the challenge before grabbing a stamp set, so that's exactly what I did.  It was good advice because after a bit I remembered I had a punny stamp set that was pretty much tailor-made for this challenge.  I liked the sketch at iSpy so I used that as my layout.



My sister and her family recently adopted a pooch, so I think I'm going to send this to them!  I used some Holiday Treasures DSP to create this fun houndstooth and striped background.  The row of "buttons" at the top were stamped with the aptly named Button, Button and sort of resemble candy to me more than buttons.  (Think sugar plums dancing in my head)!

I'm so glad that I remembered this stamp because it's always fun to make non-traditional cards!  Thanks for stopping by!

7 comments:

Rita W said...

Oh my goodness, Jen! I LOVE this one so, so much. I think I might need that stamp set! I hate coloring, but it is just too stinkin' cute!

Linda Callahan said...

Oh come on now! How cute and clever is this!

Darnell said...

Adorable, Jen! I've seen this doggie image before and I literally crack up every time. You've made a super CASlicious layout for him!!

Kristie W. said...

This is so cute!! Love the row of button stamps at the top.

Heidi Baks said...

Ha, I love it! That's fabulous, Jen! Thanks for joining the Friday Mashup this week.

Lisa said...

This card totally made me smile, I love it! Great job thinking out of the box Jen!

Thanks for playing along with us at The Friday Mashup!

Lili said...

So cute, I love it Jen! Very nice way to combine the two challenges. I wish you Feliz Navidad too. Thanks for playing along with us at the Friday Mashup!