Saturday, November 10, 2012

Christmas Starburst for DD#28 & ISCC41

It's time to get serious about my Christmas cards I think.  After all, Thanksgiving is less than two weeks away and after that Christmas will come rushing at us like a freight train!  The color challenge at Dynamic Duos fit right into my plans and the sketch this week at iSpy is to do a starburst, which I thought would look kind of neat with these colors.



I used some retired Christmas DSP called Deck the Halls and some Sahara Sand DSP for my starburst.  And I'm going to pretend that I didn't put a couple of the scripty papers on with the writing upside down!  Hopefully whoever gets this will be so bowled-over by my fussy-cut pine bough they won't notice!

The pine bough and poinsettia are from Watercolor Winter.  I just saw a card the other day where this pine bough was stamped repeatedly in a circle to create a wreath, so I suspect that you may see something like that here soon enough!

I am officially on vacation from work for the next two weeks!  I can't wait to relax a little, get some leisurely Christmas shopping done and enjoy spending Thanksgiving with my zany family!  Thanks for stopping by!

8 comments:

Leanne Whitby said...

Jen I love the colour theme you chose for your card. Thanks for playing along at iSpy!

Anonymous said...

This is a beautiful card, Jen - upside down text notwithstanding! ;-) I LOVE your fussy-cut pine boughs, and that gorgeous bloom. Love it. Thank you for joining us at Dynamic Duos. ;-)

Anonymous said...

(I hope you have a great vacation, too!)

Unknown said...

Jen this is so pretty..I did't even notice some of the words were upside down. Hey, that's part of it being hand made:) Glad you joined us this week at Dynamic Duos. Enjoy your vacation. I expect to see lots of blog activity.

scrappingnana said...

This is so pretty. Love that sketch and the color combo. Enjoy your vacation.

Tracey McNeely said...

Very cool card Jen, love it.

Unknown said...

Love the way you have used the patterned paper Jen, and love your pine bough and poinsettia. Great use of the challenge colours this week, thanks for joining us at Dynamic Duos.

Vickie Z said...

Love the colors, poinsettia and the stamped background on the lower panel! Fussy cut pine bough is the perfect touch! Thanks for playing at I Spy!!