Tuesday, November 27, 2012

colourQ 165

There is a lovely, fresh color palette this week from colourQ inspired by this apron.  I wish I had some fun, retro Christmas stamps to go along with the vintage theme of the apron, but I didn't.  So I broke out a stamp set that I've had for a while but had never used.  And as luck would have it, the sketch challenge this week at The Paper Players was absolutely perfect for what I had in mind!




I waited a long time before finally breaking down and buying Lovely As a Tree.  After seeing so many beautiful cards with this stamp set I figured I better get it while the gettin's good.  Then for some reason it languished in my stamp room, uninked.  However, I knew that when I saw the Glorious Green in this color combo that the big tree in that set would be perfect!  I stamped the tree once, then using whatever residual ink was on the rubber, stamped it again twice more.  I kind of like the effect.  It sort of looks like the trees in the background are somewhat obscured by falling snow.  I wish I had drawn in some white snow on the boughs of the tree in the foreground so I think I'm going to add that before I send this out.

I ripped a couple of pieces of Whisper White then added some glue and Dazzling Diamonds to the edge to simulate snow.  And I'll admit the only thing that had me flummoxed with this challenge was the Regal Rose.  I ended up  using it to add the words "on earth" under the "peace" die cut to complete the sentiment.

Be sure to check out the rest of the colourQ design team cards, then ink up those stamps and join us!

./

16 comments:

Lesley said...

Oh my word Jen! I love this!!! The PEACE sentiment looks fabulous with the clean design and colours. So awesome my friend.

Marlena M. said...

This is so classy~love what you did with these colors Jen~

Tracey McNeely said...

This tree is simply gorgeous and the way you stamped it is fantastic in the snow drift--swoon!

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful! Love it

Ali x

Linda Beeson said...

How fun are your paper snow drifts, LOVING the tree and the colors.

Marybeth said...

Love the tree stamp too and the gorgeous way you have used it , Jen! You couldn't have picked a better sentiment to with the peaceful trees. Gorgeous!

Anita Scroggins said...

Jen I really love how you stamped those trees!

Sylvia said...

Beautifully stamped and designed,Jen, love your snow! Have a wonderful Wednesday!

Dawn Easton said...

Jen, this is gorgeous! I love those bright and fun colours!!! Must give that challenge a go! Those PTI dies seem to be a go to for me this holiday season. Love how you added just On Earth below! Thanks for playing along with the Paper Players!!!

a1983alaskan said...

Jen, this is just beautiful. I saw it over at ColorQ and had to come over here to tell you. :-) It is so my style! :-)

CASTOWNE said...

"Lovely As A Tree"...one of my favorite buys from SU. Thought I was done with it, but you've given me new inspiration. This card is fantastic!

Nance Leedy said...

Jen, this is stunning! You've really rocked it all--the sketch, the colors--gorgeous! Fabulous use of the die and the snowy hills are beautiful. Love it! So glad you joined us at The Paper Players!

Jacqueline said...

How beautiful!

Unknown said...

So beautiful! I love it all - the trees, the snow, the sentiment! You've created a perfect card!

Bonnie said...

What a beautiful card, Jen! So rich and elegant!

Darnell said...

This has always been my favorite Christmas stamp, Jen, and you've done a brilliant job showcasing it on your snowy hills! So glad you got the Cut Above shoutout from The Paper Players!!