Sunday, December 2, 2012

Christmas Tags!

I think it's a sign of the season that the challenges this week at CAS-ual Fridays and Stampin' Royalty were to create a gift tag or to use a tag on a project.  I've been trying to stay on top of my Christmas projects this year and I was already in tag-making mode so it was kind of fun to be able to share one of my tags on a challenge site.  To keep things interesting I used the colors from Color Throwdown and the sketch at iSpy.




The Tempting Turquoise with the obvious Christmas colors of Lucky Limeade and Cherry Cobbler threw me for a bit of a loop and I considered a couple of different images on my tag before I thought it might be fun to combine the red and green with some blue snowflakes.  There are actually two snowflakes here layered together and the top one has been covered in Dazzling Diamonds to add some glitz.  At the last minute I added an Ice Circles Rhinestone Brad, which looks way better in person that it appears here.

The holiday season is truly upon us because later today I'm off to Borderland State Park to help out at a holiday concert.  Time to Jingle Those Bells!


9 comments:

CASTOWNE said...

God Bless you guys who make your own tags...mine are always store-bought...doesn't stop me from admiring yours...FANTASTIC!

Wanda Cullen said...

Sweet tag and a great way to use the throwdown colors! Thanks for playing along with us this week!

Virginia L. said...

This tag is absolutely lovely! I adore the twines and button details! And that touch of Washi is awesome, too! So glad that you join the fun with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Broni said...

What a fabulous tag, Jen! And I love how you combined all the challenges so perfectly! Thanks so much for joining us at Color Throwdown this week!

Joan Ervin said...

Your Christmas tag is sooo pretty....love how you added the pretty snowflake and button treatment!!! Thanks for playing along with us at the Color Throwdown Challenge!!!!

Anonymous said...

Love everything from this design, Jen! From the debossed background to the washi tape and the cool snowflake. Great done and thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays this week :)

Jenn said...

Fabulous tag-I really love the pop of colour from the gorgeous layered snowflake! Thanks for joining us at Stampin' Royalty.

Leanne Whitby said...

What a gorgeous tag and great take on the sketch! Thanks for playing along at iSpy!

Lisa A. said...

What a lovely tag, Jen!! LOVE the snowflake and the subtle embossing on your tag...wonderful elements!! So glad you shared your creativity with all of us this week at CAS-ual Fridays:)!!