Tuesday, December 18, 2012

colourQ 168

I've got another gift tag today that I made with the fab new colors at colourQ.  I combined the colors with the latest challenge at Deconstructed Sketch which was (to me) a tag.  I had a lot of fun making this and the sketch actually inspired me to think of gift tags a whole new way.



I used some of my never-ending stash of DSP including Deck the Halls, Ginger Blossom and Holiday Thyme on the way to making this tag.  I think I'm swearing off buying new DSP for at least another ten years because no matter how hard I try, I never seem to use up what I've got.  It's like it's secretly reproducing when I'm not looking!

I usually make my own tags for my gifts but I've always thought they were kind of boring and I don't usually post them here.  But after I made this tag, following a sketch, I realized that this is the answer to my boring tag problem.  So I went sifting through my huge compendium of sketches and decided that some of them could be adapted to a tag.  And that's just what I've been doing ever since and I really like my tags now!  I won't get to show all of them here, but there may be one or two that I show off.

So, as we wind down towards Christmas I'm sure that you'll find this week's colourQ challenge very inspiring.  And speaking of inspiration, there's loads of it over at the colourQ blog where the always-amazing design team have got some great cards to share.  Head on over and check them out!

4 comments:

Lesley said...

Cute!!!

CASTOWNE said...

I got such a giggle out of your upload today. Your tags could never be as boring as mine...mine are store-bought stick-ons. After seeing this great tag, I may have to venture away from my CARDS-ONLY mentality. Love your colors and design.

Sylvia said...

Your tag is wonderful, Jen, and I am so there with you on the subject of scraps! but I can't seem to resist buying new dsp. However, you can always start making gift bags, LOL! Have a wonderful week before Christmas!

Jen Shults said...

Oooh! this is so fun! I love the bold tree designs and your wonderful tag! Thanks for joining us at the Deconstructed Sketch!