Friday, December 28, 2012

Mojo 273 and Nacho Average Challenge 26

After a bit of a stamping vacation while I enjoyed Christmas (and I hope that you did too), I'm back with a project perfect for the new year to come.  It's been ages since I've sat down in the craft cave and got my fingers inky but I figured that my card-making skills would become terribly rusty if I didn't go in there and try to make something.  So that's where I went last night.

I chose the latest Mojo sketch and the color challenge at Nacho Average Challenge to make a desk calendar.  Some time ago, my friend Deanna generously shared a calendar template with me and I've been kicking around ideas in my head about how best to use it.  I remarked the other day that I had an epiphany about adapting sketch challenges to make gift tags so I applied that same logic to making my calendar which is how I found myself using the Mojo sketch.



I used some Soft Suede DSP from Comfort Cafe and stamped it with the leafy image from Summer Silhouettes, although it hardly shows behind my big scallop circle.  The Old Olive DSP is from Cottage Wall and the beautiful butterfly is, of course, from Papillon Potpourri.  (Now that Christmas is over I've got a hankering to use flowers and butterflies)!

I've got some plans to make some more calendars so stay tuned for more to come!  And thanks so much for stopping by!




6 comments:

Teresa Kline said...

this is a great idea Jen and the sketch os perfect for the calendar...hope you have a wonderful weekend!

enjoy *~*

Anonymous said...

What a great calendar!! Can't wait to see more!

Thanks for joining us for the Nacho Challenge!! Happy New Year!

Tracey McNeely said...

Fabulous calendar Jen, love the colour combo.

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Love it!

Unknown said...

Jen, this is great! I'm so glad you finally got a chance to use the calendar.

Anne Hayward said...

What a great idea! Love it! Thanks for playing along with the Nachos.