Sunday, January 13, 2013

CAS(E) This Sketch 10

The challenge this week at CAS(E) This Sketch got me thinking about a stamp set that I bought a long time ago specifically because I liked the "thank you" sentiment that was in it.  Part of the set also included an image of a branch with leaves and flowers and, to my surprise, I have used this particular image quite a bit since I bought it.  And to my eye, this image was perfect for the sketch.



I stamped the image from Artfully Asian first in Chocolate Chip then colored the leaves in Pear Pizzazz with some Always Artichoke highlights.  The flowers were colored in Regal Rose and I added some Primrose Petal accents.  The colors are very pretty in real life, but I'm not sure it comes across in the photo.

Thanks for stopping by!

14 comments:

Marlou McAlees said...

gorgeous card Jen, really love that sentiment :) :)

Judy said...

This is so pretty I think you nailed it. So simple and colorful
Judy

Christy Lynn said...

I've always liked that stamp set, such a pretty CAS card you made with it. Beautiful!

Jackie Rockwell said...

The branch is really beautiful Jen!!! So glad you played along with us at CTS!

Barb Ghig said...

Beautiful card! I love the colors and the simplicity of your design!

Karen M said...

Hi Jen, I adore this card. You have an amazing talent for clean and simple, this is perfect, a definite winner! Kx

sandie said...

Perfectly CAS, it is simply stunning!

Tracey McNeely said...

Jen your card is beautiful, love that branch.

CASTOWNE said...

Perfect image, perfect sentiment, perfect sketch, perfect colors...simply a PERFECT card.

Ardyth said...

Ooh! I still have that set, too! You're right - it's just perfect for this sketch! Love the watercoloured look you've achieved! Thanks so much for playing along with CAS(E) This Sketch this week, Jen!

Kay Miller said...

Oh I Love the simplicity of this! Such a pretty card!

Jen W. said...

A lovely sentiment and perfect image for the sketch. Thanks for playing along with CAS(E) This Sketch this week!

Kim S said...

That branch is definitely lovely enough to stand alone on a CAS card!! So glad to see you at CAS(E) this Sketch!

N@ Ali said...

how perfect for the sketch! thank you so much for joining us at CTS ; )