Tuesday, January 1, 2013

colourQ 170

HAPPY NEW YEAR FRIENDS!

It's time to start off a whole new year with fresh ideas, a few new year's resolutions, and maybe a crafty card or two!  I'm starting my crafting new year off with a fun challenge at colourQ, where Arielle wants us to pick our favorite color challenge from 2012 and make a new card with it.  It's like retro colourQ!

I had a hard time choosing, since there were so many great color challenges last year, but I finally decided to go with #146.  Here's the color palette and the card that I made back then.



And here's my re-do which uses the current retro sketch:



At the suggestion of the retro sketches DT, I went with a birthday theme because Arielle, our fearless leader, recently celebrated a birthday!  I used a simple sentiment, that pretty much says it all!

Your mission is to take a look through the palettes that the DT picked and choose one to make your card!  Click here to see the cards we all made way back when and don't forget to visit each blog because some of us have made new cards.  Then ink up those stamps and join us. We can't wait to see what you create!


4 comments:

Jackie Rockwell said...

I remember that first card Jen, Loved it! You're re-do is fantastic too! Happy New Year!!!

Unknown said...

Haha! I think that about half of us used this same sketch! ;) This is so awesome, love that green button, hope you had a fabulous New Year, jen!

Unknown said...

Jen this is amazing!! Love it. I think I just might have to CASE this one. Have a Happy New Year!

Tracey McNeely said...

Jen I loved your first card, and I love your remake. You captured the sketch perfectly. Happy new year!