Saturday, January 5, 2013

retro sketches 45 - YAY!

Today is a very special day for me.  Arielle, from retro sketches, has asked me to be a guest designer over there for the month of January!  Woo Hoo!  I am seriously in awe of the retro sketches DT and I'm not sure I'm worthy, but I'll give it my best shot!



This weeks sketch is based on Kasia's card here.  And since it seems that now Christmas is over and everyone has dug out their Valentine stamps I figured I better jump on the band-wagon rather than being the odd-man out.  The color challenge at Pals Paper Arts is high up there as one of my faves and I wanted to try and make a Valentine with it.



I used some washi tape to create a graphic background then layered on some hearts from I {Heart} Hearts and P.S. I Love You.  A simple sentiment finishes it all off!

So now I'll just send a big thank you cyber-hug to the amazing ladies of retro sketches for letting me join them this month.  Then I'll invite everyone else to join us this week to create some super-fantastic-ness with this great sketch!

Oh, and I've still got lots for sale here.  I added some alphabet stamp sets and a few Copic Original markers.  Check it out, if you're interested.

12 comments:

Brandi said...

Congrats on the DT guest spot! This card rocks!

Shelly said...

Congrats, on being the guest designer!! How awesome is that?!! And your card is perfect!! Love what you did! :)

Unknown said...

super ca-yute!! Congrats to you on your designer position as well!

Happy Dance said...

Love what you've done with this sketch. Great use of the washi tape. Congrats on the GD over at Retro Sketches! Well deserved. Bev

Unknown said...

Congrats on the guest designer for Jan. how fun! Super cute card!!

Rita W said...

Congrats, Jen! You are an amazing stamper and any and all design teams are lucky to have you! This card is great. You are really making me want some Washi Tape!!!!

Tracey McNeely said...

Jen congrats on being a guest designer this month at RetroSketches! I believe that you are truly worthy and today's card is nothing short of awesome.

Linda Callahan said...

Worthy??!?!! You girl are uber worthy! And your first "outing" is fabulous! Sweet Valentine!

Tui Nathan said...

Congrats on your GD gig .... you so totally deserve it and very very worthy!
I love pretty Valentine card ... the colours, the washi tape and hearts - exquisite!

Krista said...

Awesome card !!

Margaret Moody said...

As always, I love your style, Jen! Love this card! Such a great mix of pattern and an awesome job with the colors and the sketch! Congrats on being chosen for the Guest Designer spot this month at RS and thanks for joining us at PPA for the color challenge! Hope you'll join us later this month for our next sketch challenge! Take care!

Mary Fish said...

beautiful sketch and clean style. congrats on being a PPA Pick!