Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Freshly Made Sketches 78

It's new sketch reveal day over at Freshly Made Sketches and since I'm the hostess this week, I thought I'd stretch my creative arms and try something a little bit different.  When I designed the sketch, I left some space that I thought might perfect for patterned paper, or stamped images or whatever your creative process could conjure up.  But as I began to contemplate my card for the challenge, I started to fixate on the "any shape" part of the sketch.

So, as I was driving home from work the other day I came up with an idea to do a sketch within a sketch.  Take a look and see if you see what I mean.


First I created a tag, and that tag follows the layout of the sketch.  Then the tag became the "any shape" part of the sketch on my card.  So I've got two sketches in one!  That's like double the fun!  And for extra credit I dug out some really old DSP for this one.  It's called Afternoon Tea and I absolutely adore it, which means that I hoard whatever little scraps I've got left.  But in my never-ending-quest to use up the DSP I've got in my stash I broke out the prettiest pattern in the pack to use on the card front.

My fellow Freshly Made Sketches design team members have got some great cards to inspire you this week, so hop on over to check them out.  Then join us in the gallery because we love to see you there!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Kind Words (Verve)
Accessories:  Sending Love Brad, Basic Pearls, Antique Brass Jumbo Eyelet, (all SU); white seam binding ribbon; brown crochet thread; Daisies #2 die (Sizzix)



12 comments:

Jen Timko said...

Briliant!! The tag and the card use the sketch...how do you do it??!! I love it!! This paper is so pretty!

Linda Callahan said...

Another smash! Love the tag and I love that background paper! I never made one thing with it - and look how gorgeous it looks here!

Rita W said...

Overachiever!!!! ;) I seriously LOVED the sketch this week and I love your sketch within a sketch card. The dsp you used is awesome too; love the colors!

laurie said...

Wow, great card!

Nancy said...

Jen beautiful card and wonderful sketch! I would hoard that paper to its gorgeous!

Jen Brum said...

Look at you and your two sketches in one....!!!! So fabulous! I love that tag! It's just perfect for your "any shape"!

Amy O said...

You did use the sketch within the sketch! Genius! This is such a pretty card. I really struggle with using brown, and you've made it look so pretty. Love it!

Linda Suarez said...

Wow! That is awesome Jen! And I love the papers, such pretty soft colors! Thanks for such a great sketch this week - I love it!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Just beautiful!

Allisa said...

Gorgeous card, love how you used the sketch on your tag as well!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Ahhhh I love that you've created your tag in the sketch layout too - very sneaky and very clever too!

Cindy Hall said...

Fabulous twist on the sketch! Fresh and very original. I love it! I love your color scheme, too. TFS!