Wednesday, March 13, 2013

It's the Little Things

I loved the sweet color challenge at Dynamic Duos as soon as I saw it.  I'm a sucker for Lucky Limeade and when it gets paired with Pool Party - oo la la!  Then when I saw the latest sketch at Unscripted Sketches my creative juices really started flowing!



I used some DSP from the Everyday Enchantment pack and used a zig-zag stitch to adhere it to the cardstock.  Then I added this fun sentiment from Words to Live By.  After I put it all together I thought it was missing something so I stamped and fussy cut the butterfly from Awesome Blossom, embellished it with some Basic Pearls and adhered it with it's wings up so it looks like it just landed there on the card front.

Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Words to Live By, Awesome Blossom (The Alley Way Stamps)
Accessories:  Everyday Enchantment DSP (SU), Basic Pearls (SU)


7 comments:

Tracey McNeely said...

Love those patterned papers Jen and beautiful card.

Geri said...

You NEVER cease to amaze me with your talent and creativity! Stitching the mats down - Wow; Adding the pretty butterfly - Wow; Adding pearls to the pretty butterfly - WOWZERS; THEN there is the absolutely perfect sentiment for this card - DOUBLE WOWZERS!

I'm sure by now that you know that I think your card is beyond fabulous and that I am thrilled that you chose our Unscripted Sketch to wow us with!

Anonymous said...

Awesome card for these challenges. I love the patterns in these fun colors, and i love the sentiment with that sweet butterfly above. Perfect! Thank you for joining us at Dynamic Duos. ;-)

Billie A said...

I am loving the colors and the way you did the sketch. Great card thanks so much for joining us this week at Unscripted Sketches.

Anonymous said...

What a fabulous colour combo ... love the pearly butterfly fluttering along, the sentiment is perfect with it! Anita :)

Unknown said...

Love the stitching on your card, and the butterfly and DSP are gorgeous! Thank you for sharing your card with us this week at Dynamic Duos.

dstandard said...

Great stitching! And cute to boot! Thanks for playing at US!