Tuesday, May 28, 2013

colourQ 191

Yesterday, spring finally decided to make an appearance in New England so I was able to get outside and do some work in the garden.  I'm woefully behind but I did manage to get the tomatoes and cucumbers planted.  Yum!  The good weather is expected to continue so next up is summer squash and zucchini.

But enough about vegetables.  I know you really came here to see the new colourQ reveal.  This week we've got some pretty eclectic colors, but I know that our faithful colourQ-ers will have no trouble cooking up some fabulous inspiration in our gallery!



I was having some trouble making these colors work then I checked out the latest sketch challenge from Create With Connie and Mary and suddenly the light bulb went off in my head!  I knew exactly what I wanted to do and exactly what stamp set I wanted to use.  Serendipity, baby!

I hope you have time to join us this week at colourQ!  The design team has created some beautiful cards for you so be sure to check them out!


14 comments:

snappy scrappy said...

Beautiful!

Deb said...

Really beautiful!! I just love how you made these colors work so well together! I really love everything about it! Thanks for playing the challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Very pretty Jen. Love the way you used the colors.

Linda Beeson said...

I just love the simplicity of this oh so pretty card.

Happy Dance said...

Love that yellow card base, and the entire palette is so summery. Great design for your card. It just makes me smile! Bev

Lisa Elton said...

I adore the way you've used the colors Jen, such a pretty card!

Mary Brown said...

OOOOOOOOOO...this is SOOOOO pretty! I just love the little pops of red and blue!!! PERFECT! Thanks for playing along this week in the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

Jen W. said...

Gorgeous! I love that you let yellow be the star of the show and just popped in hints of the other colours. :)

Add Ink and Stamp said...

Oh so pretty! Love the way you used the colors and that little pop of color in the center of the flower. Beautiful clean and simple card, Jen. Thanks for joining us this week at Create with Connie and Mary.

Marisa said...

You always rock the flowers, Jen. Way to flash the Verve too :)

Donna said...

I LOVE your beautiful card (and the two photos at the top right of the page and the quote; tee hee!). Love it; TFS!! :)

Melissa Davies said...

So soft, simple and super-cute! Great use of the colors, too! Thanks for joining us in the sketch this week at Create with Connie and Mary!

Connie Babbert said...

How clean and simple, but SOOOO elegant! LOVE the colors! Thanks for playing along with the sketch challenge this week on Create with Connie and Mary!

Margaret Raburn said...

Oh I love the sweet clean simplicity of your card! Your colors work beautifully! Thanks for playing along this week in the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!