Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Happy New Year with colourQ 222

Can you believe it's the last day of 2013?  I can't!  Every year seems to go by faster and faster and I just wish that it would slow down a bit.  I've got a few resolutions for myself in 2014 but I'm not going to tell anyone about them because I don't want to jinx myself!

Anyway it's onward and upward to the last color challenge of 2013 with colourQ.  The colors are appropriately party-worthy so I inked up a party girl!



When I finished this I thought I over did it with the gold accents but now that I see it here I like it a little better.  The patterned paper is a little scrap that I had in my stash.  It had some kraft-colored stripes so I went over them with a sparkly gold jelly roll pen.  It looks really cool in real life!

I followed the layout from Saturday Sketch and I deviated a teensy bit by wrapping gold cord around the bottom rather than adding another layer.  But that's kind of like the sketch, isn't it?




The weather people are forecasting a big snow storm here for Thursday and Friday.  Blech.  Times like this I wish I lived in a place where I didn't have to worry about digging my car out of the snow so that I can get to work on time.  :(

Hop on over to colourQ and check out what the design team has got to show you with these colors.  I can guarantee you will be wowed!

I hope you all enjoy a safe new years eve and a healthy, happy and prosperous 2014!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Cheers (My Favorite Things)
Paper:  Basic Black, Gold, Going Gray (SU); X-Press It Blending Card
Ink:  Tuxedo Black (Memento); Copics
Accessories:  Traditional Tags STAX (My Favorite Things); gold cord (SU)

8 comments:

Deepti said...

Wow the pattern n the colors are so well coordinated :) amazing creation !!

Lisa Elton said...

Oh now THIS is fun!! Cute card Jen, Happy New Year!!

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Love the plaids! And the gold looks great!

LeAnne said...

Love this sweet little girl...wish I had a dress like this...and someplace to wear it! CUTE!

Linda Callahan said...

Happy New Year Jen! Love the plaid.....sweet card!

Darnell said...

Oh, yum, Jen! I adore a festive plaid and am swooning over your celebrating miss in her matching plaid dress!! I think it is a winning take on the sketch!! I wish you all the very best in the new year!! Hugs, Darnell

Happy Dance said...

Such a sweet babe all dressed up and ready for the New Year! Love that you colored the kraft lines with a gold pen! And yep, the snow we got today is headed toward you...at least it's light and fluffy! Stay warm. Happy New Year! Bev

Unknown said...

This is fab Jen! I love all the Gold! Hope you stay safe in the storms.
Thanks for joining us at Sketch Saturday this week and happy new year! :)
Lizy xx