Saturday, January 25, 2014

Stenciled Online Card Class Day One

I recently signed up for the Stenciled Online Card Class because I'm determined to learn and try new things this year.  Yesterday was the first class which focused on sponging and spraying colors using stencils.  For my "homework" I did a little sponging while also incorporating the sketch from CAS(E) This Sketch and the colors from Color Throwdown.



I really did use Riding Hood Red ink on my card.  I just forgot that when I sponged it over Daffodil Delight I would get orange!  Silly me!  I didn't really deviate from the example in the class for this card in terms of sponging over the stencil and adding a vellum tag.  I just got lucky that I could adapt the same techniques to these two challenges.

The class is four days long and I'm excited to see what else I'll learn.  Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies:
Stamps:  DIY (Precious Remembrance)
Paper:  Neenah Solar White; Vellum (SU)
Ink:  Daffodil Delight, Riding Hood Red, Basic Gray (SU); Versamark
Accessories:  Tag Me die (Reverse  Confetti); Honeycomb stencil (Heidi Swapp); Pewter embossing powder (American Crafts); burlap twine 

19 comments:

Sherry Eckblad said...

Love your first card from class. Absolutely love the mix of colors.

Sherrie M. said...

Such a delicately sweet card Jen! Love it. Can't wait to see what else you make during this class.

Karren said...

Wow, brilliant job, Jen! I love the two tone stencilling - so clever!

Rita W said...

Amazing, Jen! I love the two colors on the stencil. I need to try that!

Claire said...

So sweet Jen...must sign up to that class! Although I think I'll be late with the homework now! Made me laugh about the red/orange - it's the kind of thing I'd do

Lisa Elton said...

Darling card Jen, great work with the stenciling!!

Lori said...

The stenciling looks great, Jen. I love how the vellum tag looks over it. Thanks for joining us at the Color Throwdown!

Unknown said...

Love this!

Meg said...

This is gorgeous! This class is fantastic isn't it?!

Sarah G said...

Beautiful CAS card - love how you have adapted the class techniques to work for these challenges!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Lovely card Jen. I love the soft look. The sponging is perfect and that vellum tag is just awesome. Thank you for playing along with us at The Color Throwdown.

Greta said...

Neat card! Just signed up for the class today, so I have catching up to do. Everyone's homework is so inspiring I had to give it a go!

Melody said...

I'm taking the class too! I love the stencil and how you highlighted with the different colors Thanks for playing with us at Color Throwdown.

MCRAFTZ said...

this is great! I never thought about vellum for a tag before! your course has given me ideas! thankyou! I like that you can see a hint of the pattern through the vellum. The "orange" looks great with the yellow, so a happy accident methinks!!

Jen W. said...

Gorgeous! Love the two toned stamping and I really like the idea of the vellum tag! Thanks for playing along with CAS(E) This sketch this week!

Kelly S. said...

Love the bit of sunshine yellow!! The sentiment is awesome that way, too!

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is fabulous! You have me totally sorry that I sold my hexagon cover plate....

Betty said...

Lovely CAS card, Jen. The vellum tag is really cool. Love it. Thanks for playing along at CAS(E) this sketch and hope to see you again.

Chrissy Larson said...

I'm so kicking myself for not taking this class! What a great card and I love the vellum tag.