Saturday, April 12, 2014

Hello Lovely

Trying to incorporate the use of stencils for Virginia's View challenge and the interesting sketch at CAS(E) This Sketch I tried something a little different for me.  I've made cards before where I've stamped an image onto card stock then cut the card stock into squares to create a sort-of mosaic look.  But today I did that with a stencil and some embossing paste.


I kinda-sorta like how it turned out but the truth is the jury is still out.  I like the soft colors, which are for the Color Throwdown challenge, but I wish the embossed leafy design showed up a little better.  It looks pretty neat in real life but it doesn't quite have the oomph I was going for!  I thought about doing a little layered flower for a focal point but I seem to be stuck on butterflies lately (especially these delicate ones) so I layered a couple of these pretty die cuts together.


The weather here has been spectacular this week - it looks like spring is finally making an appearance!  Hopefully I'll have a chance to enjoy it this weekend!  Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Wet Paint (Papertrey Ink)
Paper:  Classic White (Flourishes); Solar White (Neenah); Soft Sky, Pistachio Pudding (SU); Lemon Tart (Papertrey Ink)
Ink:  Onyx Black (Versafine)
Accessories:  Leanna Butterfly die, Leaves stencil (Simon Says Stamp); embossing paste (Dreamweaver); Bluebell Smile enamel dots (My Mind's Eye)


13 comments:

My Creative Side said...

beautiful card Jen! I love this sketch. I can't wait to make a card with it!!

Deepti said...

This is gorgeous !! Love it

Tenia Nelson said...

So so pretty!!

Karren said...

Great job with the stenciling! And I see you're using one of my favorite new sets, Wet Paint. It's still to be bought by me, but it's waiting for me I know it :)

Janet a.k.a. swanlady21 said...

So soft and pretty.

Claire said...

Oh dear Jen. I'm just working on a certain DT project and it's almost identical to this! You'll laugh when I put it on FB! Lovely by the way lol!

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

oh fun, I did a leaf like this the other week and got the stencil totally caught in the paper and tossed it out, now I'm looking at yours thinking, "I should've just cut it into squares…" Maybe I'll try again.

KnitterPam said...

Hmmm, I wonder if you dropped some ink refill into your embossing paste before you spread it, or maybe sprayed it with ink spray. Then smear it into your stencil. Just thinking out loud... :)

Virginia L. said...

This is SO creative and original, Jen!! You have used the embossing paste so beautifully (and that cute Ryan thinks so, too!). This truly is a labor of love and the gorgeous result really shows though. Thanks so much for joining the fun over Virginia's View Challenge! I so dig that Ryan saying ;) Thanks for the big smile on my face!

Vickie Z said...

Love the senciling and embossing paste!! It's perfect and yes, hard to photo but, I can see it!! That butterfly is gorgeous and love the bold sentiment!! Thxs for playing with us at CTD!!

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is fabulous! Wonderful take on the sketch!

Wanda Cullen said...

What a clever use of that sketch (it had me stumped)! I can see the embossed leaves and think it looks great! Go glad to have you joining us again at Color Throwdown!

Tammy Hershberger said...

Love how you did the embossed leaves on the tiles! Thanks for joining us for the Color Throwdown.