Friday, June 27, 2014

Sweet Baby

A while back a co-worker asked me to make some baby themed cards for her.  She wanted about six of them to send to a friend who was expecting a baby.  I told her that I'd be happy to make some for her but I was secretly scared.  If you've been here before then you know that baby cards are not really my thing and I was a little afraid that anything I made would be kinda lousy.  But I'm nothing if not adventurous in my craft cave so for the last few weeks I've been busy doing baby card searches and pinning a few that caught my eye.

We don't know whether the baby is a boy or a girl so I've been trying to stick to neutral colors.  The card I've got here was inspired by THIS adorable card and features the colors from Colour Me (kind of unconventional for a baby card), the sketch from Pals Paper Arts, and conveniently, the baby theme at The Card Concept.  And I got to use a brand new stamp set so I'm linking up to Darnelle's NBUS challenge too (just under the wire)!




I'm not sure mine looks as quite like a bib as my inspiration card (I think it might those in-your-face colors), but it does look better in real life.  It's a cute concept and I'm pretty sure the recipient will like it!

My vacation is winding down (insert heavy sigh here) and it's back to work on Monday for me.  I've had some fantastic weather this week and got a lot accomplished outside in the garden digging up weeds and flowers that had gone rogue.  I love that feeling of a job well done!

Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Onesie Two-sie (WPlus9)
Paper:  Classic Ivory (Flourishes); Natural White (Neenah); Early Espresso, Daffodil Delight, Tempting Turquoise, Old Olive (SU)
Ink:  Early Espresso (SU)
Accessories:  Houndstooth embossing folder, Daffodil Delight seam binding ribbon (SU) 


14 comments:

Patti said...

Hey Jen! so sweet to see you out in blogland and to enjoy another fantabulous card!! That bib is adorable!

Have a great weekend, friend!

Patti

Shelly said...

This is very sweet! Love the bib and colors! And enjoy the rest of your vacation! :)

Mona Pendleton said...

Super cute card Jen!

Darnell said...

I think your bib card is just perfect on your sweet polka dot paper and stitched matting, Jen! I love the little bow and the texture on the bib, too! When we were expecting back in the last century, you couldn't know what the baby was, so I decorated the nursery in yellows and greens! This brought back happy memories!!

Thank you so much for joining in my NBUS Challenge and posting my button!! I really appreciate your support!! Hugs, Darnell

Lisa Elton said...

Awww this is so cute!

Diane Roberts said...

This is just adorable. It just makes you say "Awwwwww" Thanks for joining us at Pals Paper Arts this week.

Katie Melhus said...

This is super cute and look it you rocking ALL those challenges! Go girl! So glad to see you playing along over at Colour Me...!

Delphine said...

Hello Jen ! What a nice card for your friend, I'm sure she'll love it :) We too chose not to know the gender of our baby so we used yellow and green as well for the nursery, I think that's a perfect choice :)

Rosemary said...

oh goodness... your card is adorable! thanks so much for playing along with Colour Me!

Ann Schach said...

Adorable, Jen! Great colors and texture! What a clever concept! Thanks for playing with the Pals at Pals Paper Arts!

Brian King said...

Jen, This is a super-sweet interpretation of this week's sketch. So much rich texture in this card! Thanks for playing along with the PPA sketch challenge this week.

Unknown said...

So super cute! Love the pattern on the baby big and way you incorporated our colours :) Thanks so much for sharing with us at Colour Me...! Be sure to come back Wednesday to meet our new team and play along with our next challenge :)

Unknown said...

Super sweet and amazing..like all of you creations:) Thanks for playing along with us at The Card Concept.

Ceal said...

super sweet baby card, love that it's non tradition colors