Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Freshly Made Sketches 164

My Christmas card odyssey continues this week courtesy of the latest sketch from Freshly Made Sketches.  This week our hostess is Jen Brum and the sketch is so full of possibilities I had a hard time narrowing down the ideas I had for the sketch!

In the end I went with a color combo I turn to frequently at this time of year:  kraft, with just about anything else!  This time around I paired it with some blue cardstock and some silver glimmer paper.



The stitched layers add such a nice detail and the horizontal one provides an excellent space for a sentiment and some glimmery snowflakes.  And as if there wasn't enough glimmer, I added a big ol' rhinestone to the center of the biggest snowflake.  It looks fanatastic in real life!

As usual, the Freshly Made Sketches design team have created some fantastic cards for you this week, so be sure to check them out!  Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Think Big Favorites #8 (Papertrey Ink)
Paper:  Kraft (Papertrey Ink); Buckaroo Blue, Silver Glimmer (SU)
Ink:  Buckaroo Blue (SU)
Accessories:  Blueprints #13, Horizontal Stitched Strips (My Favorite Things); Maryanne Snowflake die (Simon Says Stamp); Make a Snowflake die (Taylored Expressions); Sparkle  Silver baker's twine (Maya Road); Basic Rhinestone (SU)

13 comments:

Deepti said...

The colors are so soft and soothing :) beautiful card !

Linda Callahan said...

So soft and pretty.....just love these colors! And a bit of bling is always appropriate!

Lisa Elton said...

Jen this is just lovely, perfectly CAS too!

Karren said...

The blue and silver look so lovely with the kraft - that blue is such a cool color (as in wintry - not trendy, although it is quite trendy too...)

Kelly S. said...

I love the simple design and that wrapped twine. The color combo is so pretty for Christmas!

Cindy Lovell said...

Fabulous card,Jen!! I love the stitched panels,the colors and the pretty snowflakes!! Beautiful job!!

Amy O said...

I love those sparkly, pretty snowflakes. And the stitching is a perfect finishing touch. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving, Jen!

Sylvia said...

So pretty, Jen love the simplicity of your card! Happy Friday!

Darnell said...

I love it, Jen! It's perfect for the sketch, in just the right colors and with just the right bling and sparkle!! Hugs, Darnell

Jen Brum said...

Beautiful card Jen! I love the colour combination! So soft and yet so elegant! I love those snowflakes! So pretty!

Cindy Hall said...

This color combination is so entrancing. With the "stitched" dies, it looks like the two pieces are leather or suede. Really awesome look and stunning card. I just want to keep looking at it really close, kinda like your kitty in the last post. :)

Rita W said...

So lovely! I love that sentiment so much.

Narelle Farrugia said...

This is just beautiful Jen! I love this soft colour combo combined with those sparkly snowflakes!