Monday, November 24, 2014

Merry

I recently came across another Christmas Card Challenge and since the inspiration was trees it gave me a good excuse to ink up my favorite triangular trees.  And I liked the layout at Wanna Sketch because it gave me an excuse to use three of them!



I added some falling snow behind the trees with embossing paste.  It looks much better in person that it shows in this picture (of course).  I love how this came out.  It's simple but has some nice texture and detail.

Well I'm off to the grocery store.  I'm in charge of the sweet potatoes for Thanksgiving and I want to get all my ingredients early before it gets too crazy at the supermarket!  Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies:
Stamp:  Modern Christmas (Clearly Besotted
Paper:   White (Spectrum Noir); Pure Poppy (Papertrey Ink)
Ink:  Pure Poppy, Ripe Avocado (Papertrey Ink)
Accessories:  Modern Christmas die (Clearly Besotted); Hand Lettered Holiday die (WPlus9); Falling Snow stencil (Simon Says Stamp); white embossing paste (Dreamweaver)

14 comments:

Kristie Goulet said...

LOVE this, Jen! Simple yet perfect.
Have a very Happy Thanksgiving!

Shelly said...

So pretty!!! And I hope you get those sweet potatoes! ;) Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

Tracey McNeely said...

Jen I love this sweet design!

Karren said...

Fabulous CAS graphic card. There is certainly something appealing about threes.

Lisa Arana said...

I can see why you love these trees and in threes they are even better! LOVE that you were inspired by wanna sketch, thank you for playing along.

Lisa Elton said...

Simple and sweet!!

Tenia Nelson said...

What a very cool card!! Thanks for playing at CCC!!!

Patti said...

Just beautiful!!

Have a happy Thanksgiving Jen!

Patti

La Papera Gialla said...

Lovely card!
Thanks for entering our Christmas Card Challenge this week!
Monica - CCC DT

Shirley-Anne said...

Now this creation is in a style I love .Pretty CAS Christmas card .
Thanks for sharing it in Christmas Card Challenge Blog .

Jen Timko said...

Right into my CASE files! LOVE!

Deepti said...

Love the CAS perfection of this one :)

gail said...

love this CAS card, your little trees are so cute. Gail xx
belated thanksgiving wishes.

gail said...

Great CAS card, love the little trees. Gail