Saturday, December 13, 2014

Butterfly Thank You

Before I get to my card, I just wanted to mention something about the CAPTCHA code that is now showing up on blogs all over the place.  Even those blogs that have word verification turned off now have the "prove your not a robot" thing showing up when trying to leave a comment.  Blogger help forums are indicating that it is a bug (and hopefully will be fixed soon), but in the meantime the good news is that you can ignore the CAPTCHA code entirely and your comment will still post.  So if you see the box asking you to type in those slightly blurry numbers just pretend it's not there and leave your comment.  It will post as it normally did.  Weird, but true. 

And now back to our regularly scheduled programming.

I feel like I've making nothing but Christmas cards in my mad dash to make sure that I've got enough to mail out so I needed to take a little break and make something completely different.  I recently got a new stamp set and I've been waiting for the perfect opportunity to ink it up.  The colors from Pals Paper Arts and the layout from CAS(E) This Sketch gave me that opportunity.



I adore this butterfly stamp set.  It's got these wonderful layers that make the butterflies have such depth.  The stamp set itself is laid out a little weird on the acetate sheet it comes with.  Sometimes the images that are supposed to go together are not next to each other on the acetate so there's a bit of hunting and pecking to find the correct layers.  But the effort is worth the end result because these butterflies are gorgeous!

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Painted Butterflies (Altenew)
Paper:  White (Spectrum Noir); Bermuda Bay (SU)
Ink:  Soft Sky, Pool Party (SU); True Black (Papertrey Ink)
Accessories:  Enamel dots (My Mind's Eye)

16 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

A perfect pick me up for a cold winter day! Very pretty Jen!

Marika said...

Love your card! Beautiful! I'm also waiting my butterflies to come... :)

Cindy C. said...

It's really pretty!!

Neets B said...

Such beautiful images and they look gorgeous in these colours x

Karren said...

Love the sketchy butterflies and I love this card - so much white space and the blues all look so beautiful together.

Deepti said...

So pretty!!! N the butterfly in those colors looks amazing

Hannelie said...

I am loving this! SOOO much!

Thanks for joining the fun at CASE this sketch!

Mike said...

Beautiful card, Jen! So CAS! Thanks for playing with Pals Paper Arts!

Beth Beard said...

Beautiful butterflies! All the white with those blues....gorgeous! Thanks for playing along with us this week at Pals Paper Arts.

Anonymous said...

Jen, I just love this card! It's so light and soft. And the enamel dots are perfect to set off the butterflies! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Pals Paper Arts!

Patti said...

Beautiful!! I really love this sketch and those butterflies... and that color combo... LOVE!!

Patti

Leigh Penner said...

This is so pretty! I love your take on the sketch!

Linda Callahan said...

So so pretty.....light and airy!

donna mikasa said...

Beautiful take on the sketch, Jen! I love the colors you used, too! Thanks, always, for joining CTS!

wienerhoneymooners said...

Lovey for CTS!!!!!

Unknown said...

LOVE the colors on that butterfly card! So pretty and very well designed... thanks for sharing!