Tuesday, December 2, 2014

colourQ 270

I'm interrupting my regularly scheduled Christmas card program to bring you a little something different, courtesy of the newest challenge at colourQ.  This week our palette is inspired by these wooden ornaments.



I'm also playing along with The Cutting Edge Challenge, which also happens to be their last.  They've decided to close the challenge, which makes me a little sad.  The challenge there happens to use some bold colors and a diagonal design so I based my card on that.  But instead of snowflakes, I used some die cut flowers and added a fun hand-written sentiment.


My colourQ teamies have some wonderful cards to inspire you this week.  I hope you'll have time to join us!

Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Mini Stamp Thank You (Heidi Swapp)
Paper:  Classic White (Flourishes); Island Indigo, Blush Blossom, Calypso Coral, Pistachio Pudding (SU)
Ink:  Onyx Black (Versafine)
Accessories:  On the Diagonal die (Lil' Inker Designs); Stitched Leaves die (My Creative Time); Pretty Petals die (Top Dog Dies); enamel dots (Freckled Fawn)

8 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

This just makes me happy, very pretty Jen!

Kim Heggins said...

Jen...this is so beautiful. What a wonderful way of using these amazing colors.

Patti said...

Wow Jen you have been busy since my last visit!! : ) I love this card! I've been seeing this ColourQ challenge out in blogland and I must say this color combo is sweet!

I really like your delicate flower and stitched panels : ) So pretty.

I think the picture of your cat sniffing your card the other day is just adorable!! Thank you for sharing.

Have a great week.
Patti

Karren said...

Wow, you made these colors sing together! Gorgeous flower!

Claire said...

Love that design with the diagonal stripes - it's so bold and striking. Love your writing too Jen - maybe I should send you all my cards and you can write a sentiment on those too...

Sylvia said...

Such a lovely thank you card, Jen, love the diagonals! Happy Wednesday!

Deepti said...

Beautiful ! Love the soft colors :)

Kim S said...

You have used the colors perfectly! I loved the colors (in fact, I immediately ordered the owls in the inspiration photo!) But I just couldn't come up with a card - I couldn't make the Indigo play well with the other colors. I like your use as the bottom stripe - it seems to ground everything else. It's lovely!