Tuesday, December 9, 2014

colourQ 271

Are you ready for another fun colourQ challenge?  This week the palette is inspired by this adorable ornament.



At first glance I was intimidated by these colors but then I saw the challenge at Tag You're It and was impressed by the way Tracey used such bold colors on her inspiration tag.  I thought I would do the same thing only using the colourQ colors and snowflakes instead of bells.  I really love how this turned out, especially with the falling snow in the background.


My friends at colourQ have got some great cards for you this week, so be sure to check them out.  There's lots to see, and not all of it Christmas themed!

Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Snowflakes (SU)
Paper:  Kraft (Papertrey Ink); Cherry Cobbler, Vellum (SU); White (Spectrum Noir)
Ink:  Hello Honey, Bermuda Bay, Cherry Cobbler (SU)
Accessories:  Tag Sale #5 die (Papertrey Ink); Hand Lettered Holiday die (WPlus9); Falling Snow stencil (Simon Says Stamp); white embossing paste (Dreamweaver); Crumbcake seam binding ribbon, Cherry Cobbler baker's twine (SU)

8 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

This is just as pretty as can be Jen!!

LeAnne said...

So cute, Jen! Fun colors and a wonderful tag.....I just love that inspiration ornament, as well as Tracey's tag!

Tracey McNeely said...

Beautiful tag Jen, I love your CQC colour inspired snowflakes!

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is beautiful! I love it!

donna mikasa said...

Love how you were inspired by Tracey's tag! Those snowflake colors are gorgeous!

Deepti said...

This is so pretty! Love the colorful tag

Patti said...

LOVE!! I would be intimidated by this color combo too but you've brought it to life with this outstanding card!! Sweet tag!!! Sweet falling snow stencil. Are you sure you don't like the white stuff? You present it so beautifully!! : )

Patti

Marybeth said...

Gorgeous , Jen! Love the colorful snowflakes and your falling snow! Thanks for joining us at Tag You’re It!