Saturday, December 6, 2014

Joy to the World

The colors this week at Color Throwdown and the sketch at As You See It were are a perfect match to use this new (to me) wreath stamp I recently got. 



The gold and silver turn this rustic wreath into a elegant holiday wreath in my humble opinion.  I played around with some inky splatters to go with the sketch, but none of the ones I had were small enough and were over-powering my wreath.  So I stamped the grid image in silver and layered the wreath over it.  I used some gold foil circles to take the place of the star in the sketch and used a big sentiment for no other reason than I love big sentiments!

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Wreath For All Seasons (Papertrey Ink); Hand Lettered  Holiday (WPlus9); Off the Grid (SU)
Paper:  Classic White (Flourished); Early Espresso (SU)
Ink:  Silvery Shimmer, Golden Glitz (Delicata); Dark Chocolate (Papertrey Ink)
Accessories:  Femme Frames die (Mama Elephant)

15 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Very pretty Jen, love this wreath and really should buy this set!!

Tracey McNeely said...

Beautiful Jen!

Jean said...

Really imaginative combination of stamps for wonderful texture!

dstandard said...

Totally gorgeous card! Beautiful!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Gorgeous! Love the combination of stamps you've used Jen!

LeAnne said...

This is a GORGEOUS creation! Love it!

Wanda Cullen said...

Oh I love that grid background paired with the wreath! Beautiful! Thanks for playing along with us this week at Color Throwdown!

Marisa said...

Adore this.

Broni said...

This is just gorgeous, Jen! I love the wreath stamped over the grid background!! Thanks for much for joining us for this week's Color Throwdown!

Tammy Hershberger said...

LOVE how you used the PTI wreath and the grid in the background! I'm totally CASE'ing this idea! Thanks for joining us for the Color Throwdown.

Vickie Z said...

Love it!! The wreath looks fabulous over the grid and the big sentiment is perfect!! Thxs for joining us at CTD!!

Deepti said...

Yet another gorgeous creation :)

Amanda said...

So pretty! I am guessing that the wreath is a two step stamp? I also love the grid background with the wreath. Thanks so much for playing along with us at AYSI.

Jodi Collins said...

SO beautiful! I really like the grid behind the wreath, it gives it so much depth! FAB card! Thanks for playing along with us at The Color Throwdown!

Heather Cooper said...

This is such a unique and wonderful Christmas card! I LOVE that wreath and especially combined with the Off the Grid background and the sentiment! Thanks for playing along with us this week at As You See It Challenges!