Monday, December 22, 2014

Snowflake

The Shades of White challenge at As You See It had me intrigued.  Then, as luck would have it, I found a sketch at Match the Sketch that seemed perfect for a white on white card and then I saw the winter wonderland challenge at Cupcake Inspirations which was perfect for a snowflake so I decided to combine them all.




I started with a white card base and layered some vellum over it.  I have some white, sparkly twine in my stash so I used that to wrap around the vellum and create the contrast between the two layers.  Then I added a snowflake that I die cut from Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer paper.  All this looks very bland here but in real life it's quite sparkly and wonderful!

Thanks for stopping by and if you are going to leave a comment (and I hope that you do) remember that you can ignore the stupid prove you're not a robot check box!

Supplies:
Paper: Classic White (Flourishes); Vellum (Papertrey Ink); Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer (SU)
Accessories:  Funky Snowflake die (Simon Says Stamp)

9 comments:

Shelly said...

Simply, beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Wow, I love your card.

Tenia Nelson said...

So pretty!!!

Claire said...

Oh this is just gorgeous Jen - not bland in the slightest. I bet it was almost impossible to photograph! So annoying when a photograph can't do the sparkle justice! Have a wonderful Christmas!

Amy Jasper said...

Your card turned out beautifully. Thanks for playing along with the As You See It Challenge Blog!

Tina said...

such a pretty card,
thanks for sharing at cupcake inspirations

Tina
sweetie dt

Indy's Designs said...

Love this spectacular (and large!) snowflake! So glad you were inspired by Cupcake Inspirations's Winter Wonderland challenge!
Happy Holidays, Debbie!

Nance said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Thanks for sharing it at Cupcake Inspirations Winter Wonderland challenge. Happy Holidays!

Happy Dance said...

So pretty Jen! Love the sparkly simplicity of this beautiful card. Can't go wrong with snowflakes and sparkles! Love this! Happy New Year! Bev