Saturday, December 27, 2014

You Brighten My Day!

Now that Christmas is behind me, I'm free to think about getting inky again!  As you know, I prefer to start my cards with inspiration from some of my favorite challenges and a lot of them are on hiatus for the holidays.  But a few are open and I found that at CASology the cue card "light" gave me an excuse to use this cool stencil.



This card was so simple to make and was just what I needed after a long day at work.  (Returning to work for one day after a mid-week holiday is SO hard)!  There was really nothing to it but sponging the sun's rays and adding a sentiment.  I lucked out that I had a sentiment that was appropriate for a light-filled sunny card!

Well, that's it for me.  I've got a surprise 80th birthday party for my uncle to go to on Sunday, but hopefully I can get some more crafty time in around that!  Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Bright Days (Avery Elle)
Paper:  Neenah Solar White
Ink:  Daffodil Delight (SU); Onyx Black (Versamark)
Accessories:  Shine stencil (Memory Box)

14 comments:

Hannelie said...

AWESOME card!

Tenia Nelson said...

So so cool!!

Happy Dance said...

Love this CAS card, Jen! I used another stamp from this same set for my CASology card - great minds think alike, lol!! Really a happy and sunny card; exactly what we'll be needing for the coming months. Love it! Bev

Linda Callahan said...

Well this just brightened my day for sure!

Karren said...

Perfect sentiment for this fabulous card! What a bummer that you had to go to work on Friday.

Tracey McNeely said...

Fantastic card Jen! Thank you for sharing with us at CASology!

wienerhoneymooners said...

Lovely inkiness!!! It was hard for me to go to work for one day too (boohoo, I feel for you too!) Glad to get inky this weekend too!!!Love the sweet rays!! 9Wishe it was not raining like the dickens here)

Thanks for joining us at CASology!! And I think you can ener as many times as you like?...If you feel like another light inspiration that is!!!

Lisa Lara said...

This is CAS perfection Jen. Wow.

Patti said...

Truly stunning!! I hope the birthday celebration is great fun!

Rita W said...

Love!!!!! I have a similar stencil and it's a favorite.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! Love that stencil and that yellow!

Deepti said...

Fabulous take :) love it

Jen W. said...

Simple but absolutely gorgeous. I love it! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!
I also love your latest Ryan picture! LOL!

Melissa said...

This may be simple, Jen, but it's a one-layer beauty!!! Love it! :)
Thanks so much for joining us at CASology during the holidays!!!