Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Freshly Made Sketches 217

I think I am officially over Christmas cards.  I feel like I've been doing nothing but churning them out even though I'm pretty sure that last week I made two cards that had nothing to do with Christmas!  I'm glad the season is winding down but I've got another one to show you for this week's Freshly Made Sketches card.  And I might have another one tomorrow :)  This week our hostess is the fabulous Linda Callahan and she's given us a classic sketch!



As tempting as it was to put a big ol' snowflake on my card and call it a day, I chose to use some favorite modern Christmas tree images in the colors of the Just Add Ink challenge.  My horizontal banner became this "merry" die cut that I cut three times and glued together to give it some dimension.  I glued it to the card crooked, but we won't talk about that.


This our last challenge of 2015 at Freshly Made Sketches.  We're taking a little break and the linky for this challenge will stay open until January 4th so you've got plenty of time to play along with us.  We'll be back live with a new challenge on January 6th.  Hopefully you can squeeze us in during the next couple of weeks and then we'll see you all bright eyed and bushy tailed for the new year!

Thanks to everyone who played along with us this year at Freshly Made Sketches.  We're looking forward to a very crafty 2016 with you!

Supplies
Stamps:  Modern Christmas (Clearly Besotted)
Paper:  White (Spectrum Noir); Sea Glass (Avery Elle); Bermuda Bay (SU)
Ink:  Silvery Shimmer Delicata; Aquamarine (Avery Elle)
Accessories:  Hand Lettered Holiday die (WPlus9); Pierced Rectangle STAX (My Favorite Things)

11 comments:

Deepti said...

This is so soothing to the eyes :) love it !!

Linda Callahan said...

Cool and elegant! Very classy! And I am over Christmas cards too!

Lisa Elton said...

This is so pretty and peaceful Jen, love it!! I'm with you on the Christmas cards. I just addressed my last one, hopefully!!

Amy O said...

Clean and beautiful! I love the soothing blues. Have a wonderful Christmas, Jen!

Karren said...

I feel I need to point out that your die-cut word on this fabulous card is not "crooked: - it's at a slightly jaunty angle to express the joy and fun that is Christmas. How's that sound? :)

Jen Brum said...

This is such a pretty Christmas card Jen! I love those trees and totally love the colours! Love that bold centre tree! I'm over Christmas cards for this year and don't mind if it's next December before I start making them again!!! Have a wonderful Christmas!

Greta said...

Love the look of this gorgeous card!

Leigh Penner said...

Beautiful card, Jen! Wishing you a very merry Christmas!

Cindy Hall said...

I love this classics clean look. The color palette from Just Add Ink is gorgeous the way you used it, and I don't think the card would have been as beautiful if the "Merry" was perfectly straight! Those straight trees needed a little contrast with a slightly tilted sentiment, IMHO!

Narelle Farrugia said...

This is such a super stunning card Jen. I am loving those trees and of course you have used perfect colours! I hope you and your family had a wonderful festive season!

Jen Timko said...

The colors on this are simply perfect! Love, love this card! Happy new year to you!