Thursday, January 28, 2016

CAS(E) This Sketch 157!

Happy Thursday! It seems like this week has been going on forever.  Not sure why, but since we've finally made it around to Thursday it's time for a new challenge at CAS(E) This Sketch!



I've had these outline flower dies for a while and hadn't used them yet.  As I was driving home from work one day contemplating this sketch it occurred to me that these dies might make a good choice for this layout.  I had a little trouble adding the leaves in a way that I liked so I settled on the one.  I think it looks a little lonely :) but it left a nice space for my sentiment.  The colors here are inspired by the latest challenge at Color Throwdown.


Well, I'm very glad that the work-week is nearly over and I'm looking forward to doing a whole lot of nothing this weekend!  I want to thank you for stopping by to check out my card and invite you to play along with us at CAS(E) This Sketch. The inspiration from the design team is incredible so you definitely want to check it out!

Supplies
Stamps:  Painted Sayings (Whimsy Stamps)
Paper:  Sweet Tooth (My Favorite Things); So Saffron, Basic Gray, Crumb Cake (SU)
Ink:  Basic Gray (SU)
Accessories:  Wild Garden die (Essentials by Ellen)

16 comments:

*Vicki* said...

This is so beautiful!! Love your take on the sketch! :)

Michelle said...

Beautiful.... so perfectly CAS (and lovely colors too)!

Shelly said...

Fabulous card!!

Leigh Penner said...

I love these dies and how you used them! Fabulous take on the sketch!

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

What a fabulously clever interpretation of that sketch Jen! Genius! Have a lovely evening! Hazel xx
My Card Attic

Lisa Elton said...

Perfectly CAS card Jen, love the layered flowers!

I Card Everyone said...

I LOve those dies, and you've chosen well, my friend! Wonderful card, and colors this week!
=]

Mona Pendleton said...

Such a pretty card Jen! The blossoms looks wonderful!

Lisa H. said...

great work with the sketch. this is such a sweet card. love how you used the colors, too. thanks for linking up with CTD.

Diane Jaquay said...

This is gorgeous, Jen, the way you've used the Essentials by Ellen dies is just PERFECT for this sketch!

Wanda Cullen said...

I really love those open floral dies! This is such a creative and beautiful design for both the colors and the sketch! Thanks for playing along with us at Color Throwdown!

Karren said...

Those dies make a statement - and a fabulous one at that! Gorgeous card with lots of open space.

SugarGem said...

This is so cool!!!

Narelle Farrugia said...

You have combined these challenges perfectly with those perfect dies and use of colours!

Petra Swart said...

WOW, Jen, this is fabulous!!!!
Have a great day!!!

Jen Timko said...

These dies are simply perfect for the sketch. What a gorgeous card!