Tuesday, August 2, 2016

colourQ 353!

Hello!  This week at colourQ there is a color combo that gave me a little case of the hiccups!  But never one to back down from a color challenge I persevered through a couple of iterations until I ended up with, of all things, a baby card!



Ha!  And now that I've posted this here I see that I completely forgot to use green!  Believe me, I had every intention to but I think I must have been so obsessed with explaining why I would use these colors for a baby card that I forgot that I had one more color to explain!

I should also mention that I am also playing along with the Sketch Saturday challenge, which is to pick a past sketch.  I chose #225.  And I'm also playing along with Addicted to CAS where the cue word is "welcome."


I was going to make a floral card using these colors but I kept coming back to the "welcome" challenge and couldn't get a baby card out of my head.  I really don't know why because these are some pretty strange colors for a baby card!  I didn't want it to be too pink or too blue, rendering it useless in those instances where the gender of the baby is unknown, so I thought the coral would draw some of the attention away from those colors and make it a little more neutral.  Too bad it drew the attention away from the green too! Yikes!

Despite my faux pas I hope you won't hold it against me and that you can join us in the colourQ gallery this week. We love to see you there!

Supplies
Stamps:  Grunge Cirque (Tim Holtz); Onesie Twosie (Taylored Expressions); Onesie Two-sie (Wplus9)
Paper:  White (Spectrum Noir); Night of Navy, Calypso Coral (SU)
Ink:  Blushing Bride, Night of Navy (SU)
Accessories:  Pierced Square STAX (My Favorite Things); Baby die (Simon Says Stamp); Decorative Dots embossing folder (SU)

10 comments:

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

Such a sweet design Jen! It may have thrown you at first, but you recovered beautifully to rise to the challenge, and rise you did, to present us with this charming creation! Isn't it funny how, sometimes the more difficult the challenge appears at first, once we overcome them, they turn out better than we could have imagined! Some of my more 'challenging' creations are still my favourites today! Have a great day! Hazel xx
My Card Attic

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

Well, I think the navy and coral works beautifully on your baby card.
It's a definite winner for me.
Thanks so much for choosing my card as your top pick, over at freshly made sketches. It really made my day.
xxx

Shelly said...

This is sooo sweet!

Linda Callahan said...

Green is so overrated......lol.....you card is adorable just as it is!

Lisa Elton said...

Green or no green, it's still a perfectly darling baby card Jen!! I like the embossed polka dots and the sweet checked onsie!

Doni High said...

Very sweet baby card and even tho my favorite color is green, I don't miss it at all!
Thanks for joining us at ATCAS.

Jaydee said...

Jen, love these wonderful colors and all the texture you created. So glad you joined us at ATCAS this week
jaydee

lbwright22-loopylou said...

I think you did an amazing job with that colour combo. I should have found it difficult to say the least. Super baby card. thanks for playing along this week with Sketch Saturday. Louise SS DT

Bhavana said...

Great design. Clever take on the sketch and the Welcome word. Thanks for joining us at ATCAS!!

anja curvers said...

Awesome and great design as always. Thank you for joining us over at ATCAS.