Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Freshly Made Sketches 266!

It's time for a new sketch from Freshly Made Sketches!  This week our hostess is our resident color-mix-master Amy O'Neill.  I stumbled upon some snowflake challenges as I perused blogland for ideas for my card so that inspired my take on this fabulous sketch.


I know I sound like a broken record but this is way more sparkly in real life than it appears in this photo!  The snowflakes were both cut with some glimmer paper and I wove a bit of shiny red cross-stitch floss behind the silver one for a little interest.

The challenge at CAS-ual Fridays is for glitter and snowflakes - check - while Creative With Stamps is looking for Christmas stamps - easy peasy - and lo and behold The Paper Players want snowflakes too - double check! 🙌



My Freshly Made Sketches teammates have made some beautiful cards this week so be sure to check them out.  I hope you can join us in the gallery!

Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies
Stamps:  Jingle All the Way (Technique Tuesday)
Paper:  Soft Sky, Basic Gray, Red Glimmer, Wintergreen DSP (Stampin' Up!); Silver Foil paper (Recollections)
Ink:  Cherry Cobbler (Stampin' Up!)
Accessories:  Snowflake Trio die (amuse.studio); Kate Snowflake die (Simon Says Stamp); red crochet floss

14 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

Yep there needs to be a class in sparkle photography! This is gorgeous though.....love the pop of the red with the light blue!

LeAnne said...

STUNNING! I can "see" the sparkle just fine! IT's gorgeous!

Michelle said...

Oh my gosh, this is a beauty!!!!

Lisa Elton said...

I like your fancy sparkly snowflakes Jen!! This is so pretty!

Amy O said...

Those sparkly snowflakes are gorgeous! And I love the color combo. Great use of the sketch, Jen!

Claire Broadwater said...

Jen, this is gorgeous! I love those gorgeous glimmer snowflakes! That red just pops off the card! Such a merry card! Thank you for joining us at The Paper Players this week! XX

Colleen Begley said...

Pretty! I can see the sparkly snowflakes. Love the dimension that the loopy thread behind the silver snowflake adds. Thanks for sharing with the Paper Players this week, Jen.

Billie A said...

Beautiful card. I love the layout and the snowflakes. Beautiful. So glad you joined us at Creative with Stamps

Billie A
Creative with Stamps
Inspiration Destination
Catch the bug
Aud Sentiments

Nance Leedy said...

This is gorgeous, Jen! I love how the red pops on the soft blue. So glad you could join us at The Paper Players!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Love the sparkly snowflakes Jen and the red against the pale blue. A beautiful CAS Christmas card! Thanks for joining us over at The Paper Players this week!

Karren said...

Beautiful snowflakes, gorgeous colors! And a great interpretation of the sketch.

Jen Timko said...

These snowflakes are totally wonderful for the sketch. Love all the sparkle on this. And oh, that DSP. Another great one!

Cécile RIBON said...

I totally love everything about your wonderful card. The gorgeous color palette, the beautiful snowflakes, the lovely DSP and even the thread is just where it has to be.

Claire said...

Dear me, I haven't been round to visit for ages Jen - congrats on your win at CAS-ual Fridays...this is so pretty. (And I totally believe you that it's more sparkly in real life!)